Supply for dual mono pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. A little help please. I'm wanting to power a dual mono preamp with two 18V connections for each side (one input stage, one output stage). There are 6 opamps per side for three line inputs.
I was hoping to utilise a spare Chipamp supply PCB and regulate after that. I have a 20VA 15VAC toroid I was hoping to use. Is this suitable? Do I need separate transformers or just seperate regulators after the supply? Do I need 4 regulated supplies or just two?
Any suggestions appreciated!

2 Transformers -- some of the real high end 'phile companies use separate transformers for each channel...and some use one transformer for the positive supply rail and another for the negative. If money is an object (as it is in my case) one decent quality transformer will suit the bill.

The Super Regulator thread is pretty enormous -- you can find it by entering both terms in the search engine and then selecting search by titles -- Peranders started it off.

In 1995 Walt Jung, Jan Didden wrote a series of articles in Audio Amateur in which they proposed a regulator design around the AD797 opamp which was extremely low noise, extremely low impedance -- A version of Jung's article was also in the trade magazine EDN and you can search under his name for a copy. Old Colony sells the regulator boards for about $24.00 -- and provides you with a copy of the original article.

I think that it's one of the most worthwhile investments you can make for a preamplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.