Drivng a IGBT module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello!

How can I drive a IGBT module with SG3525? what kind of a driving stage I need to add? I want to do a SMPS what runs on 220v~(320VDC). I attached a picture of the igbt module what I have.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Sorry about my s****y english!:D

Attachments

• shem.jpg
    shem.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 307
Hi

You can't directly, use of hi-side driver like IR211x is needed or usage of xfrm (gate trafo). What you want to build is full-bridge and is way too complicated for you for now(I assume that this is you first offline supply). I would suggest that you build one first with lower input voltage.

Also read all from here.
First few pages are something like what you will be asking, if you don't have any knowledge about smps's, so read whole thread first.

No, this is not my first smps, I have builded few smps running on 12VDC but I have some IGBT modules laying around and I want to use them. Also I have read that topic what you suggested and I was just wondering what driving stage I should use. Same as for MOSFET-s or not.

BTW. I am planning to do a full-bridge because the IGBT modules what I have are perfect for that.

hmm... I have a similar igbt module it's type is eupec (infineon) bsm15gd120dn2e3224. It was rescued from a 3ph inverter which was to be scrapped and rejected. Some pics of it:

inside

With it's Cge of 1.9nF for each igbt it's not so difficult to drive, ir2112's did their job well when i was playing a little with this, configured as a fullbridge for one of my suicide smps desktop projects :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.