• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

planet_10 hifi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought 4 Klipsch 1089-av 10" mid-woofs that klipsch uses in the RF-7 and run up to 2200Hz. They are good for 96 db at 1 watt and use 90 oz magnets with ceramic-aluminum cones. I am thinking of placing one on the front and rear in a bipolar arrangement for baffle step correction, and using a 1st order series crossover of the proper Z to get a 12db/octave rolloff around 1000Hz. Hope to get pretty efficient speakers and good sound. I heard the woofers in the RF-7 and they are pretty darned good. Klipsch tries to run them too high and I don't like the sound of the Klipsch tweeter as much as I will like the Heil. This two way should be extremely transparent. I'll have to spend time tinkering with the crossover but that is always the case.
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Tweeters?

Cobra2 said:
Any good (super)tweeters in stock?

Some relatively good budget ones... another set of the Coral alnicos coming up (if they test fine)

That looks like new from the ESS factory... they have bumped the price abit, but i figure they are still VERY good value.

These go really low for a super-tweeter (i've heard of people getting as low as 700-800 hz)

Do you have anything like them, or Raven, or suggestions?

Nothing used, and so far i've only picked up a single new driver for resale -- the CSS WR125. I am a Solen dealer, so can special order any of the drivers they sell (mostly Fostex to this point)

I have a pr of the Arum Cantus 2Gsi i picked up from Bob at CSS. I figure these are probably best value for a ribbon SuperT. At this point i'm likely to mate them with a pr of Jordan JX150 i have (active XO at 6-8k)

dave

It sure looks like ESS is selling some tweeter by them selfs via e-bay. I have had two pairs of the older versions of the AMT tweeters and compared them to the new ones. The new ones are defenitly better. The older ones I have purchased via e-bay sounded a bit crappy actually. I have replaced the diaphragms of 1 pair wich made them better but still not as good as the new ones. Still when I compare the new AMT's with a pair of Raven R2's then the AMT's have more guts but the Ravens sound much much more detailed in the top-end. I have gave up on the AMT's but still $300,- for a new pair is a bargain, just buy them.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
leadbelly said:
Your phase plugs for the FE166/167, they'll work with my FE164's, right? Isn't it basically just an earlier version?

Tony,

Sorry for not getting back to you yet on this. I do suspect that the 166/167 plugs will work on the 164. The voice coil only needs to be the same size, and as Fostex seems pretty consistent i would strongly suspect they are.

dave

Dave,

Can you supply phase plugs for Fostex FE 204?

I would be interested in some of those that are pictured on the first site of this thread.

It should be the same as for FE 206E I suppose. I don't know about the diameter of those for FE 206E, but for FE 204 they should be about 32,5-33mm diameter. probably more like 33mm.

Bartek

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
zygibajt said:
Can you supply phase plugs for Fostex FE 204?

I would be interested in some of those that are pictured on the first site of this thread.

It should be the same as for FE 206E I suppose. I don't know about the diameter of those for FE 206E, but for FE 204 they should be about 32,5-33mm diameter. probably more like 33mm.

The 1st batch of production 206/207 plugs are enroute to me right now. These should fit the 204.

Tim Forman did the beta tests, and he did some actual measurements. (production in red, stock in blue)

http://www.timn8er.com/fostex_fe207e_phase_plug_test.htm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here in Yellow Cedar

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

These will be priced at $30 USD/pr + postage.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
zygibajt said:
What is the diameter of it?

They came today and measure 1 5/16" (33mm) in diameter and 1 9/16" (40mm) long

FE206-207-pp.jpg

I haven't gotten them up on the web site yet, but i do have an eBay advert up (they can be bought direct, the eBay advert just gives me broad exposure) ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777385746

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.