• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Frugel Horn Solder Pointers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone have pics of completed soldering jobs on the Planet 10 frugel horns? I'm plugging along on the gluing and will want to get my FE126eN2 drivers wired up soon...

Is there a kind of solder that is recommended? Most of my soldering has been for automotive.

The solder terminal tabs on the FE126 drivers aren't designed for particularly mondo wire, and the little fiberboard strip holding them in place isn't particularly heavy duty either. I place the input terminal cups high enough on the back panel that about 1 ft of two strands of #24 solid will suffice.

I happen to use Cardas Quad Eutectic solder - a one pound roll of the older formulation will probably last me at least another 10yrs at current rate - but any decent flux core solder designed for electronics should be fine. If you have some old Kester 60/40, or Radio Shack 5% silver bearing solder you're good to go.

Be VERY careful if using something like a large Weller soldering gun -

Sorry, but I have no pictures of this to share.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.