Let's help Ruth and Dave - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Planet 10 hifi
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 7th March 2017, 02:41 PM   #11
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
I wanna try and get more than 5hrs sleep a night for a couple of weeks. <snip> Maui is starting to sound very appealing
Have a good time while away Chris. The first night you may not get a lot of sleep unless you are somewhere with A/C. What part are you visiting?
Old 7th March 2017, 07:10 PM   #12
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Staying in Kihei - Maui's a tiny enough island that you can pretty much visit as much as you want / can afford in two weeks. Gonna include a helicopter tour - according to Susan,, we don't spend a helluva lot on ourselves these days, and it's only $600 or so CDN for an hour - and at least one winery / distillery (per day?)

it's always five o'clock somewhere
Old 7th March 2017, 11:31 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

You will be close to Maui Brewing's big new joint.
Old 7th March 2017, 11:53 PM   #14
evanc is offline evanc  United States
diyAudio Member

Location: New Jersey. About 1 hour from NYC and 1 min. from the beach
Old 8th March 2017, 03:08 AM   #15
Variac is offline Variac  Costa Rica
diyAudio Editor

Dave's been so generous, nice to be able to reciprocate! Of course some can't afford it, but it's a great gesture for many of us who can.

Mark
Old 8th March 2017, 05:23 AM   #16
Nanook is offline Nanook  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default chris: have a great holiday...

Hope you have a great trip Chris... but please don't ignore my offer. I would gladly help any way I could with planet10-hifi operations whether on the island physically or on the Internet in any capacity.

Cal, thank you for your generosity regarding matching contributions. I am sure Dave and Ruth will benefit from your generosity. Not everyone can afford to do this. You continue to inspire me to being a better person (you speaker dork).

For any that have never met Cal in person, all I can say he is by no means rich but is generous. We could all learn a thing or two from Dave, Chris, Cal, et al. If more folks were less concerned about themselves, the world truly would be a better place.
Old 8th March 2017, 06:50 AM   #17
rabbitz is online now rabbitz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Every little bit will certainly help Dave and Ruth. Needs some stickies in other forums to direct members here as I'm sure that plenty would help if they knew. I only saw this as I have been following the other thread about his condition.

I also have an AAA but lucky it was picked up in a CT scan for another matter. I'm fortunate that I only need annual ultrasound monitoring.
Old 8th March 2017, 02:45 PM   #18
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWRX View Post
Is it against forum rules to put this thread in the full range forum or a place that might get more exposure?
Hi Brian,
Good question. As this is not related to audio and raising funds through diyAudio is not necessarily in the spirit of the forums, we thought that with Ruth's permission, we could post it in Dave's own forum.
Trust me, I would love to post it elsewhere but we felt this was going to raise the fewest eyebrows.
Thanks for inquiring.
Old 8th March 2017, 05:32 PM   #19
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Cal - I think you know I couldn't agree more
Old 8th March 2017, 11:31 PM   #20
DaveCan is offline DaveCan  Canada
diyAudio Member

Very good of you Cal!

Having read what happened to Dave mentioned on the GoFundMe page, all I can sum is wow, just wow. You can just never know in this life when your otherwise normal day may change suddenly. It must have been very scary for Ruth to all of a sudden find Dave in a health crisis like that.. I think Jeff (Godzilla) also had a issue with his stomach some years back where he passed out and they found he was bleeding inside?

I've been going through unknown stomach issues as well, having a CT scan then an Ultrasound, and now set for a Endoscopy this coming Tues to see whats going on in there. Ugh! Anyhow...

I wish I was still living back in Victoria about 10 mins away from Dave's as before. I could have helped out with clearing the drive this present winter or whatever would be needed.

Even though we were mostly just acquaintances, I did enjoy Dave and Ruth's hospitality on a few occasions, and an extended afternoon of listening to some great music and chat with just Dave the first time we met.

We will do what we can re the Fund page, and as always prayers and blessings for Dave and Ruth..

PS. Chris, enjoy a well deserved holiday! Get some sleep, relax, and enjoy yourselves!

Hide this!Advertise here!