Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 6th March 2017, 06:41 PM   #1
Cal Weldon is offline Cal Weldon  Canada
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Let's help Ruth and Dave
Default Let's help Ruth and Dave

Without Dave's release date in mind and knowing that the world stops for no one, maybe it's time to help them out.
Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/for-ruth-dave

EDIT: Here's what I am going to do:
I will match all donations up to the $5,000 mark as I don't think that is anywhere near enough to cover the costs of what's to come. Since they have found themselves in a position of no fault of their own, I encourage you to join me and support this.
Thank you.

EDIT2:Paypal: one of our Mods has offered his account and will accept the payment, forward that via his card to the donation site and name the donor, if you so wish.
carolinaudio@gmail.com

Last edited by Cal Weldon; 6th March 2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: added the edit
Old 6th March 2017, 07:30 PM   #2
doorman is offline doorman  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks for doing this, Cal.
Old 6th March 2017, 07:34 PM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Let's help Ruth and Dave
While I encouraged Ruth, thanks goes to her girlfriend Bonnie.
Old 6th March 2017, 07:39 PM   #4
SCD is offline SCD  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks my brother:
I am in
Old 6th March 2017, 10:08 PM   #5
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

I'll continue to contribute my sweat equity to the site clean up and prepping for potential renovation, but the building fund can certainly use some assistance. Not detailed on Bonnie's page is that there was some structural damage after the last really heavy wet snow accumulation that is only partially covered by insurance.

Cal / Scott - you know that little creek bed on the north side of the house? Well, it's not so dry in the wintertime, and it took at least 3 evenings and a full Saturday to pull and sort the dozens of totes crushed in the debris of the collapsed deck and storage shelving that most folks didn't even know where there. Apparently CDs are more or less waterproof, but vinyl LPs and magazines - not so much.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:13 PM   #6
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

Default VACATION NOTICE REMINDER

And, if I can add - Dave's symbiot will be out of the country on vacation from Mar 9 -24th, and may or may not lurk / post on the forums. It's been a bit of a long haul, and I wanna try and get more than 5hrs sleep a night for a couple of weeks.

Maui is starting to sound very appealing
Old 7th March 2017, 02:13 AM   #7
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Let's help Ruth and Dave
Thank you Chris. Those on the outside looking in can only hope to appreciate what you guys are going through.
Old 7th March 2017, 02:39 AM   #8
BWRX is offline BWRX  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

What awful news! Here's to hoping he makes a full recovery and can get back to doing what he loves in short order.

Is it against forum rules to put this thread in the full range forum or a place that might get more exposure? I only saw and clicked on it out of curiosity because it was in the most recent threads list.

Last edited by BWRX; 7th March 2017 at 02:44 AM.
Old 7th March 2017, 03:44 AM   #9
Nanook is offline Nanook  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Of course let's help Dave and Ruth!

folks:

I unfortunately have no $$$'s ... but Dave has done so much for me.

I have suggested (to Ruth and Chris) that I would be willing to find my way to the Island and help physically trying to get some things going again for planet10-hifi, and to act as a labourer helping Dave gets things done (again physically) when he is released from the hospital(s). It is all that I can do at this point. I'd need a place to sleep, and a meal once in a while, but otherwise the costs would be negligible. I could also act as a liaison between customers and Chris/Ruth/Dave to help concentrate the inquiries and help new and existing customers.

Should my financial situation change, I would gladly donate whatever possible, as well as the above.

Thanks to Cal for this thread. So many have benefited from Dave's generosity, whether through direct actions (such as me) or his advise to all the members here at diyaudio.com (and particularly the fullrange forum members).
Old 7th March 2017, 11:34 AM   #10
hajj is offline hajj  Lebanon
diyAudio Member

Thank you for following up on this.
I will be contributing whatever I can financially.
Being half a world away does not help a lot but I can also contribute some of my time should the planet10 endeavour need it.

Chrisb, if you think that my CAD skills can come in handy (or any other "soft" skill for that matter) please do let me know.

I owe Dave a lot of the information and knowledge I have gathered about full range drivers and he was a key actor in helping me kickstart my (tiny) speakers cottage business.

Let's help Ruth and DaveHide this!Advertise here!