• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Let's help Ruth and Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over $11,600! It's great to see a community come together to help one of its members. Waxing a bit philosophical, this is how things SHOULD be. Friends taking care of friends. It's great being a part of this group that has done so much for someone, purely out of goodness and appreciation.
And... best wishes for Ruth and Dave. If I ever get to their neck of the woods, I hope I have the honor of meeting them, and a few others too.
Thanks for starting this Cal!
Mike

I still don't know how anyone could tolerate more than a demitasse of the stands your spoon up Turkish that he'd brew by the half litre soup bowl he called a mug - or is that just my imagination, Jeff/Cal?

This is exactly the type of coffee we drink over here.
Tradition says to drink no more than a demitasse, but once one gets hooked to the potent caffeine kick it provides, there is no easy way out :)

Thanks for starting this Cal!
As long as we remember I only started the thread here. It was Bonnie who deserves the credit for convincing Ruth it's ok to do this. On top of that, with the way our members have taken this by the horn, it's incentive for Dave to get better. I think when he gets an idea how many are part of the cause, he will be a little taken aback and at the same time honoured to know he is cared for. I'll let you in on a little secret. Ruth is the reason Dave is Dave. Without her he'd just be any old Dave, not our beloved diyAudio planet10 Dave.
Cheers.

Yes, as with any long suffering spouse - 45+yrs in my case if you count the 2 "in sin" after cradle robbing Susan from the bosom of her loving family- many of us would be lost and certainly far less fulfilled without them.

Ruth is definitely the bedrock upon which Dave's world is anchored. Whenever, and to whatever degree he recovers, things will very likely be different in the Planet10 corner of the universe.

Having been through a similar experience myself in early 2014 (mine involved ruptured intestines, toxic e coli sepsis, with resection, after unrelated cancer dx 3 months earlier, and then suffering at the hands of the ACA for 2 years trying to get the hundreds of thousands of dollars paid that I owed, I was sorry to hear of this bad news, earlier this year, and I'll see what Sue & I can throw together to help. FWIW, I'm slowly getting my stereo mojo back, but these types of events are life altering.

auplater

Haven't been around the site very much for a while (life happens) so just heard about this. Wanted to add my appreciation for what Dave has done - both for the forum and for me personally - by way of encouraging audio geekiness.

But also wanted to second Cal's and Chris's remarks about Ruth - those of you who have gone to the DIY Audio weekends know what tremendous hospitality and friendliness she gives to a bunch of audio freaks invading her house.

Ruth and Dave are definitely among the good guys.

Aengus

Status
Not open for further replies.