• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Onkens for Tang Band W5-1611s?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for new enclosure ideas...

Also interested in fast enclosure ideas with the TBs (or this unused pair of CHN70s I have, if they could be used with the TBs in a creative way I'm all ears) and inexpensive helper woofer(s).

Off Topic: Is your place of business close to Vancouver? I should be visiting next March to celebrate the life of my soon to be fiance's passing. Would love to meet the Planet 10 team while I'm up there.

Zachary - location is in The Highlands district, Victoria, Vancouver Island. Our own health permitting, we'd love to meet you, even given the reason for your road trip.

Don't know if Dave ever got around to a mini-onken style enclosure for the 1611s - IIRC the only enclosures in which I've heard them were shoehorned into a pair of FH3. While I'm not among that cohort, the driver has lots of fans, and you'd likely get all sorts of responses to such a query on the general FR forum - I'd be surprised if there aren't a couple of MLTLs etc.

I don't particularly mind the colorful nature of the CHN70, and am in fact currently running a pair of them per side in one of my recent favorite enclosures (great WAF!) - the Castle Micro-tower with 10dg angle to top panel. They are high-passed at approx 250 and are getting stereo bass support by a pair of Eastech OEM woofers in small sealed boxes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.