• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

l'Stylo 105 Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking of trying a l'Stylo 105 build and am wondering about the optional bracing mentioned in the plans, which refer to the bracing sheet in the Super Pensil 12 plans, (p.4).

I know the answer is "yes," but how emphatically do the designers recommend constructing the bracing?

Also, the Super Pensil 12 plans recommend using 19mm material for several perpendicular pieces within the space. Is the same material thickness and piece count recommended for the much smaller l'Stylo 105? Seems like it would really fill up the space.

Thanks,

Jeff

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
L’Stylo 105 was drawn with ¾” material (mostly due to Scott “thinks in inches” and that is how long the vent needs to be) but i’d use 15mm ply if i was to do a build. With extra bracing you might get away with 12mm. In both a bit of buildup on the back of the baffle at the bottom to give the correct vent depth.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.