• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

dMar-Ken7.3 prototypes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To be specific, the finish on that pair is flat sliced cherry veneer with 3 coats of clear nitrocellulose lacquer, grilles with imbedded magnets.

Be aware that cherry is one of the species with the interesting characteristic of darkening with exposure to full spectrum lighting (natural or artificial) and can develop "tan-lines" behind the grilles, or if situated in a constant shadow.

Yes, they're currently domiciled in Victoria, and on a nice day the Coho is an uneventful ride - the view of the Olympics on the return trip can be spectacular. Note that if you haven't had the pleasure of that trip before, she is not a cruise ship- just a utilitarian 56yr "tub" with limited amenities (but does include on-board duty free shop :cheers: ) ,

Last edited:
OK---the cherry pair is perfect, consider it a done deal. For the drivers---I like purple spots!! I'll be in Oregon from the 10th thru the 22 of this month, then looking forward to a trip north. Do I need to think about duty at the border? The boxes are in ....Victoria? Possible to take a ferry up from Port Angeles and meet there?? So many options!!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Those cherry demos will do very nicely! I assume they're in Victoria? Possible to take the ferry over from Port Angeles and pick 'em up? 150miles on I-5 is daunting....Do I have to pay duty at US customs?

They are currently at Chris'. It certainly is possible to come up and get them.

No-one has yet paid any duty. They are made in Canada and officially used

my favorite color is purple, for en-spots.

We tried many colours on the metal cone Alpairs, and ended up deciding that we would only do copper with orange spots and silver with gray spots. They are visible but subtle.

I do need to take some up-to-date photos.

dave

gee, your timing might be just about right for this craziness

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/273456-12th-annual-vancouver-island-diyfest-2015-a.html

it's not often confined to just the single day - usually something happening on the Sunday - hangover recovery, etc, at least

If not, either of us are within easy driving distance to meet. Lunch at the Steamship Grill and Bar - literally next door to the Black Ball terminal - is nice enough, and the inner harbour is a delight, in a touristy sort of way. After 60yrs, it's easy to take it for granted.

Steamship Terminal - Steamship Grill & Bar

Terry - there's always next year -always one of the two last weekends in August- thas right friends, we just don't seem to learn;)

If you're on the Oregon coast that weekend you made the right decision - it's bloody lovely from northern CA all the way to Cape Flattery- even if you can't see it all from highway.

Last edited:
Where they are delighting Ter and Mary!! Very smooth, very detailed. I played a trick on Mary, playing snippits of a Beethoven sonata, alternating with the hifi, she came into the music room and said "I haven't heard you play that sonata---oh! It's the new speakers! I couldn't tell which was you, and which was the hifi!"" Good recommendation!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.