• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

CNC kits for Mark Audio. UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have made speakers with the moisture resistant mdf - denser and harder than regular and less dust when cutting. Still takes some bracing though to really sound good - I'd brace more than shown in pics so far if using this material. Probably even then not optimal for the last smidgen of performance, but cheap enough if that is needed. Not totally horrible. :)

Full disclosure - I experimented with a single layer of 18mm ply for baffles on these, without chamfering the rear side of mounting hole. While this is the opposite to approach that many builders are using, it seems to work fine. With a high quality multi-ply, and carefully sized pilot holes and pre-tapping with the MA supplied screws, I think the 8mm of core remaining after rebating is sufficient.

I wouldn't to this with A7s and 18mm baffle.

Attachments

• A10 rebate 1.jpg
    A10 rebate 1.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 392
  • A10Rebate2.jpg
    A10Rebate2.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 376
I happen to prefer all the Alpairs I've heard in vented or BLH boxes, but why not. I guess the size would depend on the intended application - modelling suggests you can get pretty tiny with either of the 10s if you plan on adding woofers as high as 110 -120 Hz

OT a bit from that question - any reason why you've not thought about a CNC kit for the FH3? The A7.3 sounds quite wonderful in that one - indeed, my favorite for that driver when floor space is available.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.