• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

BR plans with Alpair A6P and A6M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have a pair of Alpair 6P and a Pair of Alpair 6M on my table (both gen 2). I have to build two pairs of small BR speakers for my nephews (20-30cms height).
I was looking for alternativies to the small BR plans on Mark Audio site and obviously looking here.
I guess I should look at mfonken and ufonken cabinets, but I get lost.

I also remember there was the possibility to buy a collection of plans, but I cannot find the thread again.

can you address me?

Regards

northernsky

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Subscription info here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/plan...10-hifi-minionken-plan-set-subscriptions.html

There are not all that many enclosures for these. A mMar-Ken for the A6p (same as the one posted for the original A6 but with no vent spacer. mMar-Ken6 with A6p is a near ideal volume and works really well.

The full plan-set includes this box, a CGR dmMar-Ken6.2m for the metal cone (+ the "same" box with a cross-section closer to square)and a uMar-Ken6 that fits either driver with no changes (+ similar with a regular circular vent), and a couple of examples of shoe-horning A6.2m into the smallest box possible. I have a mostly drawn trapezoid mMar-Ken6p with the vents up the side almost done.

Has some damping & cut plans.

email if you'd like to subscribe.

dave

perhaps now redundant, but the "milli" design Dave referred to is

http://frugal-phile.com/boxlib/P10free/mMar-Ken6-1v0-map-231009.pdf

There will of course be limitations of the driver's excursion limits, but they work quite nicely and are a relatively simple build.

Thak you Chris.

I subscribed for the planet-10 plans and I am currently building
a pair of microMarken with A6P and a pair with A6M.
When I finish I'll be able to make a subjective comparison (also with my Fostex F103EN in factory BR).

northernsky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.