• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cinnecting terminal sinside FH3 FP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
trust me, soldering is much easier to learn than playing even chopsticks on your kid's toy piano, or Louie Louie on a six string

I'm gonna have problems them. FYI, my music teacher in junior high called me the worst music student she'd even have - I was totally inept (and totally not interested in music at that age). ;-)

Dave

$hit, that was 'sposed to be encouragement to by a cheap solder gun or iron and clandestinely practice late at night in the basement -- unless you already use that time for other purposes

normally, I'd encourage multitasking as good brain exercise, but a hot soldering gun/iron is not a plaything

$hit, that was 'sposed to be encouragement to by a cheap solder gun or iron and clandestinely practice late at night in the basement -- unless you already use that time for other purposes

normally, I'd encourage multitasking as good brain exercise, but a hot soldering gun/iron is not a plaything

That's OK, you weren't to know that I'm musically inept! My dad has a soldering gun, but I don't know if it's really that good or not. I could try, but I think it'll look ugly ;-)

Good news though - Ben and Sounds with style can offer me a complete package (built). Think that I might play it safe and go that way!

Thanks for the encouragement though!

Dave

Hi Mr.Dave,
I have a pair of alpair 7.3 and care to build fg mk3, can you please advice as I saw the back panel of mk3 kit has a small hole (I can't see it in drawing) so is it specialize for drivers (if so please advice which driver is it?). Can you please also advice dimension of this hole.
Thanks you

HPH,

If I may be allowed to jump in - the hole in the back panel of the kit is for binding posts. I am attaching a picture of one similar to what Mr. Dave and Mr. ChrisB use.

You can use different type if you want to. :)

Attachments

• PE 260-283_s.jpg
    PE 260-283_s.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 394
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
HPH,

If I may be allowed to jump in - the hole in the back panel of the kit is for binding posts. I am attaching a picture of one similar to what Mr. Dave and Mr. ChrisB use.

You can use different type if you want to. :)

What Zia said. We use the same but the posts have plastic nuts which we prefer (esthetically & sonically)

dave

Yup, 24g is thin, but much thicker than the voice coils in any of the candidate FR drivers likely to be used in the FH, and with the location of the input cup you're probably dealing with less than 12" of wire. We use a single conductor per polarity.

BTW, it actually does make for decent interconnects as well.

Yup, 24g is thin, but much thicker than the voice coils in any of the candidate FR drivers likely to be used in the FH, and with the location of the input cup you're probably dealing with less than 12" of wire. We use a single conductor per polarity.

BTW, it actually does make for decent interconnects as well.

It looks like telephone wire. I trust its capacitance/inductance ratio is up to par.

I should be finishing these up soon. I am going to go the Duratex route. I ordered the roller grade tint base and shot it with tints to make cobalt blue tint. Hopefully it will come out o.k. The idea is to be be cool looking but tough, with a nod to pro sound durability. My DIY chops are not that great but I am enjoying this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.