• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

MT-HT with alpair 7 and chr-70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to build the MT-HT home theatre speakers but with the alpair 7 in the center speaker, and in the surounds on one side an alpair 7 and on the other a chr-70. Would this be possible?

I'm also trying to change the cut lengths of the wood to metric but have a hard time figuring out what the best solution is with the 30 degree angles. What is the best way to tackle this?

Veggiel,

From what I have read on HT setups, you should be fine having the center and the 2 fronts all with the same driver - in your case the Alpair 7. That way you have the same voicing across the front. For rear the CHR-70 should be fine.

On which cabinet you are having challenges with 30 degree angles?

The surround speaker is a bipole so I'm planning on using a chr-70 and an alpair 7 in one box, but I don't now if this will work.

The surround speaker plans have the dimensions in inch and since, I want to get them cut here, I think it will be easier to use metric dimensions for the wood to get an accurate result.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.