• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Sealed Enclosure for A7.3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm after plans for building sealed enclosures for the Alpair 7.3 to be used as the 5 in a 5.1 HT setup.

I've had a good trawl through the site and found some nice bits of info, however being new to this game, I wouldn't know how to use half of it... An existing design would be ideal.

Had a look on frugal-file, the mMars for A7 appears to fit the bill. Is this plan-set relevant to the 7.3 and available?

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Had a look on frugal-file, the mMars for A7 appear to fit the bill. Is this plan-set relevant to the 7.3 and available?

Same box as mMarS for CHR70 but modified to fit the A7.x

dave

Attachments

• MA-A73-sealed55-litre.gif
    MA-A73-sealed55-litre.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 506
Thank you Dave :)

Are the plans on frugal-file the complete set, or do I need to purchase them?

Last bit, is there a recommended [roughly speaking] XO point for the mMarS. Though my HT amp does a full auto speaker setup & EQ it might be better to set this point manually. IIRC, 40, 60, 80, 100 & 120Hz are available.

Paul.

OK... 90% cut, just the internal braces to trim & make holey :)

Cut the front baffles to flush mount the A7.3. Material thickness behind the driver is 9mm, is it worth chamfering the back edge of the cut out?

Paul

For the 7cm series (7.3, CHR, etc) I'd say yes, with the 10's I'll confess to not chamfering the backside of my last 3 builds, with no discernable detriment ( at least with my hearing and raging tinnitus)

Very Nearly Done

Currently have a lot of projects underway and all nearing completion, with final details taking the most amount of time.

Had the mMarS sat on one side for a few weeks waiting the arrival of the A7.3 drivers. These arrived just over a week ago and gluing began mid week. The driver rear braces are trimmed, requiring a slip of paper for nice fit... Internally, used needled cotton felt.

Initial level sanding with 60 & 80 grit and routed the round-over [R=14mm], then sanded down with 80, 180 & 240 grit... applied some acrylic sanding sealer, sanded again with 180, 240 & fine wire wool. Will get some furniture wax to finish off...

B/B and Walnut veneer were leftovers from other builds. Both rears were slightly proud and needed ~1mm removed to level them [not so pretty looking]. Overall very happy & am pleased that my building is improving.

Should have these playing in the not to distant future :)

Big Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• mMarS_3.JPG
    mMarS_3.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 179
  • mMarS_4.JPG
    mMarS_4.JPG
    388.7 KB · Views: 182
  • mMarS_5.JPG
    mMarS_5.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 178
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.