• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

EnABLe Visaton B200?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes. Yes. Phase plugs are important in balancing the FR and improving HF dispersion.

B200eN-comp.jpg

dave

Are there any reviews I could eead on the treatment to that particupar driver and its improvements? I already have a pair of your phase plugs and am going to duct seal the rear of the drivers. I run them in a small open baffle with Hframe woofers at present (which is a whole other trial itself).

Open baffle. I probably made some comments somewhere in some forum, but where i know not.

Like other EnABLed drivers, downward dynamic range is enhanced, the driver has more detail, the pre-treatment tends to smooth the response.

dave

FWIW, as best as I can recall they were delightful and engaging in the OBs - but would certainly needed tweeters.

Does that sound about right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.