• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Difference in port depth?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dave,

Would like to draw your attention to the CGR dCHR-Ken plans.

There are 2 versions - one wide and shallow, and the other narrow and deep. Though box dimensions are same, I see a difference in port size. Screenshots from plans attached for your reference.

Can you explain please?

Also see something like a "divider" in the port for the narrow-deep plan (I have drawn a red arrow indciating it) - but no measurements.

- Zia

Attachments

• dCHRKen2.jpg
    dCHRKen2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 192
  • dCHRKen1.jpg
    dCHRKen1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Just checked. They are both correct. You will note that the wide has a lomger vent so needs more x-section. If you wanted you could exchange the vents -- they are equivalent

dave

Hi Dave,
sorry but I did not quite catch the explanation in your post.
I'm in the middle of a build of the narrow ones and I have made a mistake making the port a half cm too long (I am using thicker panels).

But looking at the drawing the wide speaker's port is 15x142x226mm and the narrow should be 15x142x204.
So should there be a divider in the middle of the narrow speakers's port as the drawing suggests? (although there are no length-dimension for this divider and it can only be seen in front view).

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.