Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Planet 10 hifi

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 4th February 2013, 01:38 AM   #1
RAW is offline RAW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Daves custom work for treatment AAA+++

Click the image to open in full size.

Well just a plug for Dave nice work.Nothing new for me to have these drivers treated by Dave but rather a good plug for Dave.

Dave did the treatment on these SDX7 woofers as well as WR125S driver for a customer of mine who I am doing a custom center channel for.This customer has the original EXTREMIS woofers in is main 3 way speakers and wanted a center channel.We started talking and my customer liked the OLD speaker I sold in kit forum *** well as finished my APEX LCR.So we started a custom version as my customer wants to use the Fostex tweeter.After some back and forth my customer contacted Dave to do the treatment on the mid and woofers.

As I am no longer building speakers or selling kits I am sure Dave will not mind the plug for his fine work.
Well done.

Al

SDX7 WR125S Enable treated drivers
Old 18th May 2013, 11:56 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I thought I'd pile on. I just picked up the pair of EL166 drivers that Dave treated for me . These were won at the 2012 DIY Fest. I can't wait to get them in a box!

Kyle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EL166eN_s.JPG (701.4 KB, 159 views)
Old 19th May 2013, 12:07 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Nice! Whatcha gonna put them in Kyle?

jeff
Old 19th May 2013, 04:46 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylkid58 View Post
Nice! Whatcha gonna put them in Kyle?

jeff
I'm not sure yet. The ScottMoose MLTL is tempting, I've heard the dual driver version. Ideally I'd like something that I can easily swap the top end out on so I can try different tweeters or full-range drivers. I'll definitely start a threa when I decide. The plan is to have something ready for DIY FEST.

Kyle

Hide this!Advertise here!