diyAudio (
-   Planet 10 hifi (
-   -   Daves custom work for treatment AAA+++ (

RAW 4th February 2013 01:38 AM

Daves custom work for treatment AAA+++

Well just a plug for Dave nice work.Nothing new for me to have these drivers treated by Dave but rather a good plug for Dave.:D

Dave did the treatment on these SDX7 woofers as well as WR125S driver for a customer of mine who I am doing a custom center channel for.This customer has the original EXTREMIS woofers in is main 3 way speakers and wanted a center channel.We started talking and my customer liked the OLD speaker I sold in kit forum *** well as finished my APEX LCR.So we started a custom version as my customer wants to use the Fostex tweeter.After some back and forth my customer contacted Dave to do the treatment on the mid and woofers.

As I am no longer building speakers or selling kits I am sure Dave will not mind the plug for his fine work.
Well done.

SDX7 WR125S Enable treated drivers

KyleinCowichan 18th May 2013 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd pile on. I just picked up the pair of EL166 drivers that Dave treated for me . These were won at the 2012 DIY Fest. I can't wait to get them in a box!

vinylkid58 19th May 2013 12:07 AM

Nice! Whatcha gonna put them in Kyle?

KyleinCowichan 19th May 2013 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by vinylkid58 (
Nice! Whatcha gonna put them in Kyle?

I'm not sure yet. The ScottMoose MLTL is tempting, I've heard the dual driver version. Ideally I'd like something that I can easily swap the top end out on so I can try different tweeters or full-range drivers. I'll definitely start a threa when I decide. The plan is to have something ready for DIY FEST.