• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

FF85WK uFonken vs. Bass Reflex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yup, they're even more gorgeous in the flesh - but I can't take the credit for Bernie Foucher's craftsmanship - my personal favorite of the flock of these he made were probably the locust.

Bernie-uFonkenSET-locust.jpg

Last edited:
mike, I've used this driver in a few different applications - if you mean solo, without the aid of woofers, I'd list them in order of my personal preference for sonic performance

- FH Lite - best bass of this group
- microFonken SET (per the most recent several photos in above thread) *
- standard microFonken

* - look gorgeous in solid or a nice veneer, but Sasha royal pain in diaz build

(thanks, Tommy and Ray)

no doubt there are other recommendations to follow - I'm not sure if Scott ever penned anything like the V-Bomber or de Havilland series for this little guy.

Last edited:
mike, I've used this driver in a few different applications - if you mean solo, without the aid of woofers, I'd list them in order of my personal preference for sonic performance

- FH Lite
- standard microFonken

(thanks, Tommy and Ray)

Thanks Chris,
Is the microFonken SET online or do I need to purchase it?
Thanks for the input!.

- FH Lite - best bass of this group
- standard microFonken

(thanks, Tommy and Ray)

no doubt there are other recommendations to follow - I'm not sure if Scott ever penned anything like the V-Bomber or de Havilland series for this little guy.

There is also a uFonkenPlus that doesn't seem to get much attention. Have you built one of those ?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
uFonkenPlus is quite new with plans in the paid planset. It utilizes the same larger volume as the uFonkenSET to get about 10 Hz more bass extension.

We have built 2 pairs and loaded one with stock drivers, the other with EnABLed driver so people can hear what EnABL is all about. Care was taken to choose pairs with equal sensitivity.

Since i came out of hospital, we have had interest in 2 sets of uFonken flat-paks & on being informed of the uFonkenPlus got the (slightly) larger speaker.

uFonkenFamily.gif

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.