• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

It's not easy being green -- just pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Note: this thread is the picture posts extracted from this active thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planet-10-hifi/166518-its-not-easy-being-green-apologies-kermit.html

One of the nice things about the white Fostex cones is that they can be made almost any colour... here is a recent set i did for a client in NY.

Green-on-green-FE126e.jpg

She likes these better than her TB 1772 (both sonically & cosmetically). I expect the TB to land here soon for the same treatment.

Here is a robin's egg blue FE126. These are in the UK now... they are pre-EnABL.

blue-fe126-onMoss-tn.jpg

Another shade of blue... pretreated (and matched) for the client to do their own EnABL

nigel-hall-blue-preTreat-FE.jpg

More to follow.

dave

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here are a couple more examples.

This one is an experiment to see about blending 2 colours together to get a gradient... i didn't suceed but learned a lot and still ended up with a pretty set of drivers (we have just built a special set of mFonken to house these (for our Fostex archives)

blue-FE127eN.jpg

A set of light blue with purple spots:

Carey-blue-wPurple.jpg

One more for tonight. A client had his DCA4 sent directly here. He wanted Maroon with yellow spots. I drove a maroon Jaguar for awhile. I used that as a colour reference. He loves them.

DCA4eN.jpg

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Status
Not open for further replies.