• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

µFonkenSET solid Cedar Flat-Pak prototypes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bernie may not like biscuits for joining/alignment, but that isn't a universally held opinion. They have some slop aling the length of the slot, but very little across the width. They allow the assembler to get everything aligned without having ultra precision in one's cuts.

I am certainly not a cabinet-maker or anything like that but offer some food for thought regarding the cabinet joinery dilemma. Would lock-mitered joints be at all feasible for a design such as this?

Frank

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I would think that all sides of each panel would need to be sealed with something prior to 1) adding the Ultratouch and 2) assembly, in order to minimize expansion/contraction with humidity/temperature.
Or is cedar not as prone to such things?

Regardless, VERY nice looking cabinets. I can easily imagine the aromatherapy and pest-control benefits... :D

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
cedar-uFonkenSET-chris.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.