The P10-hifi web site - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Planet 10 hifi

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 26th March 2012, 09:52 PM   #1
fakeout is offline fakeout  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default The P10-hifi web site

Planet10, why don't you have an amazon store? No offense but your website looks a little "weird".
Old 26th March 2012, 10:37 PM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeout View Post
Planet10, why don't you have an amazon store? No offense but your website looks a little "weird".
It is important for me to reach out and touch our customers...

The website is in need of a make-over (remember the showmaker's son), but it will remain simple, viewable with any browser, and its prime orientation to supply inforformation.

What do you find weird?

dave
Old 26th March 2012, 11:12 PM   #3
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
It is important for me to reach out and touch our customers...

The website is in need of a make-over (remember the showmaker's son), but it will remain simple, viewable with any browser, and its prime orientation to supply inforformation.

What do you find weird?

dave

oh, how about the occassional sppeling error?

and careful with the touching
Old 26th March 2012, 11:18 PM   #4
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
oh, how about the occassional sppeling error?
Occasional? Lucky people don't see the drafts before they are made live.

dave
Old 27th March 2012, 01:19 AM   #5
fakeout is offline fakeout  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
What do you find weird?

dave
Well, it doesn't look like a regular store. You have to click around to find something. Like, if you clicked on a let's say "Mark Audio" link, then it would be useful to see pictures of the plat packs or pair of speakers then the price next to it.

For the Fonkens for example, I just find confusing. It would be cool to see let's say "Fonken, Prime Fonken, MilliFonken, uFonken etc" with pictures and drivers used, number of liters and dimensions right underneath one by one. And then the "updates" written in red that are from a while ago no longer seem like updates if it's been a while.

I don't know, it's just a general feeling I get on the site. For whatever reason, it just looks disorganized and a little odd.
Old 27th March 2012, 01:26 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

While there is a commercial aspect to the site, there is an incredible amount of free and useful information. I think that's worth a fair bit of slack. I'd rather see Dave's time spent with new designs rather than a slick web site.

In my case at least, Dave has been very responsive with commercial dealings.

Quote:
Well, it doesn't look like a regular store. You have to click around to find something. Like, if you clicked on a let's say "Mark Audio" link, then it would be useful to see pictures of the plat packs or pair of speakers then the price next to it.

For the Fonkens for example, I just find confusing. It would be cool to see let's say "Fonken, Prime Fonken, MilliFonken, uFonken etc" with pictures and drivers used, number of liters and dimensions right underneath one by one. And then the "updates" written in red that are from a while ago no longer seem like updates if it's been a while.

I don't know, it's just a general feeling I get on the site. For whatever reason, it just looks disorganized and a little odd.
Old 27th March 2012, 01:37 AM   #7
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Thanx for the feedback.

Quote:
Well, it doesn't look like a regular store. You have to click around to find something.
That it doesn't look like a regular storefront is good, it isn't a storefront -- i find most of those really annoying... there is a pricelist, which has pricing and is the most up-to-date page on the sitr.

The Mark Audio page in prticular needs work

Quote:
It has grown and been renovated over & over, and is a bit disorganized i admit. Odd perhaps because i won't settle for the usual template driven drek you are probably used to.

Most people just email (ie reach out & touch) or ask questions on the p10-hifi forum where a lot of the more contemporary info has migrated.

dave
Old 27th March 2012, 01:42 AM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbike1 View Post
d rather see Dave's time spent with new designs rather than a slick web site.
Thanx... that is much how i set my priorities. And working to get product out to customers, i always seem to be behind.

I am now training a new part-time person to take over some of the more mundane tasks to free up my time for those things i still need to do myself.

dave
Old 27th March 2012, 02:37 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Well, fakeout, it seems that you are looking for a slick site with lots of eye candy. There's a reason that Dave's site, and my own for that matter, look plain and simple. Putting in all that Flash and multimedia takes a lot of time or a lot of money. Us poor guys that are operating on a shoestring can't afford either. So the site is plain, simple and straight forward. You really object to clicking on links rather than pulling down menus?

Bob
Old 27th March 2012, 04:46 AM   #10
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Both P10 and Bob's site have something more personalized and "organic" about them which isn't the case with the general commercial websites. At times there's a story behind a particular speaker design.

A bit "odd" or unusual, but I like it better the way it is. Maybe a site "blog" can further enhance the websites, but both P10 and Bob are active on diyAudio (and other forums too) and the interaction with the DIY community is very healthy. And as Dave mentioned most of the contemporary stuff, happenings and others are on the Planet10 section of this forum.

Last edited by zman01; 27th March 2012 at 04:50 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!