Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Planet 10 hifi

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 27th March 2012, 07:23 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JRKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
fair enough - stay on your meds
Fakeout is being a touch odd/guarded in his criticism of the store and I know the comment wasn't aimed at me, but I some of us do need meds so we don't flip out. A bit harsh maybe?

Anywhooo thats not really important. Dave/Chris, I love all the sites including the commercial one. If you change it and make the layout more traditional/boring I wont be able to find anything! Its pretty straight forward but still has the personal non-glitzy commercial feel that makes it look like an enthusiasts page - which it is. Just like this site its 'speakers/drivers by fanatics, for fanatics'.

Once pages become too slick they look like they contain no information because everything is immediately at hand. The joy if looking around (as if a shop) is removed
Old 27th March 2012, 07:26 PM   #22
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post
Combinations of dot colours and cone colours are very added value when I consider your product.
Yes, a very nice side effect from the modification process, I was very pleased to find that there is some latitude for colour with the A6P, and FFxx5wk (the grey is an additional layer, the cones are white on the backside.

dave
Old 28th March 2012, 12:14 AM   #23
fakeout is offline fakeout  Canada
diyAudio Member

Well, I'd like to make one suggestion. It would be to have a page where it says: "Free plans" then a list under according to whatever criteria like dimensions, brand of drivers...

As usual, I found it was pointless to even make a comment that the site was "weird". Because then I was asked to comment and once I did, my comments were misinterpreted as bashing then told I needed meds...
Old 28th March 2012, 12:46 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

No one said you were bashing. The comments were more along the lines that you wanted a lot from a (very) small business that made a tremendous amount free material and information available to the community, because you wanted everything handed to you.

Whether true or not, ungrateful and lazy are words that come to mind. Then, in response to a simple, genuine request, you chose not to give your name. You were the one that said you could be calm for months then flip out. What does that sound like? You could have simply said you'd rather not give your name, given just a first name, or made something up.

You started the whole thing by coming out of nowhere (OT) in a thread with "why isn't your site like and Amazon store?" That question could easily be handled with a PM. See my first paragraph.

Finally, the section that says "Box Plan Library", that also lets you go straight to plans for a given manufacturer isn't enough? See my first paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeout View Post
Well, I'd like to make one suggestion. It would be to have a page where it says: "Free plans" then a list under according to whatever criteria like dimensions, brand of drivers...

As usual, I found it was pointless to even make a comment that the site was "weird". Because then I was asked to comment and once I did, my comments were misinterpreted as bashing then told I needed meds...
Old 28th March 2012, 02:14 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

In case you didn't notice, some of us use our real names and sign our posts, or at least who we are is widely know. Others choose to hide behind often rather senseless handles and probably anonymous servers.

Bob
Old 28th March 2012, 03:04 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Planet10, why don't you have an amazon store? No offense but your website looks a little "weird".
Dave's store is fun to get to! Drive down goat trail, turn at empty Mac cases, get eaten by over friendly dog. ;-)

Km
Old 28th March 2012, 06:48 AM   #27
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleinCowichan View Post
Dave's store is fun to get to! Drive down goat trail, turn at empty Mac cases, get eaten by over friendly dog. ;-)

Km

Kyle: well mostly just licked to death, then there's the dog

fakeout: take a joke, dude, or grow a thick skin, or for real fun tell Ed how to design a horn
Old 28th March 2012, 11:11 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
....or for real fun tell Ed how to design a horn
You got a "death to you and your firstborn" email too?

Bob
Old 28th March 2012, 03:46 PM   #29
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brines View Post
You got a "death to you and your firstborn" email too?

Bob

alternatively was "and the horse y'all rode in on pardner"

did you first fail the 2002 or so version of "we love our president, don't we - now think very carefully" litmus test?

best of all was "you need to choose your friends better"

yeah, a lotta history
Old 12th May 2012, 09:38 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
My real name. Uh, the only problem is, usually I can stay calm for months and months then well, I've had some situations where I flipped off a little on the net. So, I'm not sure I want to give my name.
Using your real name often makes you think before letting your fingers run riot on the keyboard.

Hide this!Advertise here!