Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Planet 10 hifi

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 27th March 2012, 04:59 AM   #11
fakeout is offline fakeout  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brines View Post
straight forward. Bob
I'm not making personal attacks here. I said it was weird and Planet10 asked me to explain myself so I gave my opinion.

I don't think it's straight forward. Even without pictures, I think there could be way more straight-forward ways of listing ideas, plans etc. I'm too sleepy for now to say more but that's all anyway because the fact is, I don't know how he would want to organize his ideas.
Old 27th March 2012, 05:47 AM   #12
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeout View Post
I'm not making personal attacks here. I said it was weird and Planet10 asked me to explain myself so I gave my opinion.

I don't think it's straight forward. Even without pictures, I think there could be way more straight-forward ways of listing ideas, plans etc. I'm too sleepy for now to say more but that's all anyway because the fact is, I don't know how he would want to organize his ideas.

dude: do you mind if I ask your real name? it just feels more real and organic to discourse at that level

first; the "commercial" site is intentionally not not a conventional retail storefront (thereby hangs a very long story)

second; I've been working with Dave for over 10yrs and can tell you that for all of that time the "commercial" business has been pulling itself up by its bootstraps - try that sometime - and as Bob notes , all the Turkish coffee that the human digestive system can endure notwithstanding, the time and financial investment required for one guy to maintain a glossy, live, interactive web-based storefront is simply inhuman & impractical

third; I get as confused and frustrated as anyone - and see #2 above - to paraphrase the old joke, "if I had a nickel of equity for every line of broken code or typographic error...."

fourth; if you have specific questions, I'd wager that on most days a direct inquiry via the commercial site contact e-mail would yield a prompter response than many storefronts

fifth; I'm not sure that not even Dave really knows how he wants to "organize his ideas" - and see #2 above

Last edited by chrisb; 27th March 2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 27th March 2012, 05:33 PM   #13
fakeout is offline fakeout  Canada
diyAudio Member

My real name. Uh, the only problem is, usually I can stay calm for months and months then well, I've had some situations where I flipped off a little on the net. So, I'm not sure I want to give my name.

In any case, I wasn't asking for glossy, flashy,...
I just thought the site was confusing. But it's like...(whoops, there's no smiley for beating a dead horse).
Old 27th March 2012, 06:11 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeout View Post
My real name. Uh, the only problem is, usually I can stay calm for months and months then well, I've had some situations where I flipped off a little on the net. So, I'm not sure I want to give my name.
fair enough - stay on your meds

Quote:
In any case, I wasn't asking for glossy, flashy,...
I just thought the site was confusing. But it's like...(whoops, there's no smiley for beating a dead horse).
like I said last night (a warning on the risks of late night grain ethanol influenced typing) - the site grew ("evolved" is debatable ) over a period of probably 15yrs from what would be today described as a personal blog & resource sharing locus with graphic content, to the finely tuned mechanism you see today

thanks to the internet many hobbyists have stumbled into commercial ventures with varying degrees of success and exposure, and while I can't be entirely objective about this one, I find a certain degree of charm in its personality and idiosyncrasies

I'm sure that PETA would object to that smilie

now, where there some specific questions not yet answered?
Old 27th March 2012, 06:38 PM   #15
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Now that this is split off on its own, i'd welcome input on how i might make the web-site more useful for you. Changes will have to fit within the paradigm i have developed over the last dozen years,

As soon as i can finish a largely done revamp of frugal-horn.com, planet10-hifi.com is next

dave
Old 27th March 2012, 06:56 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Now that this is split off on its own, i'd welcome input on how i might make the web-site more useful for you. Changes will have to fit within the paradigm i have developed over the last dozen years,

As soon as i can finish a largely done revamp of frugal-horn.com, planet10-hifi.com is next

dave

well, pay more attention to spel - cheker

paradigm
Old 27th March 2012, 06:57 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

The price list is good, but you should include the relative portion of the price list on each product page.

So if I click on Fostex I get some of the information about the Fostex drivers and what you have and such. When I scroll to the bottom, it would be good to see the Fostex portion of the price list there.

Also, I see you have a driver colours link started. Which will help once you organize that. But you need to add some examples of your "it's not easy being green" thread to your website. But in a more organized manner than a thread. And the driver colours link should be on the home page, not under Fostex. It might go undetected otherwise.

All just suggestions.
Old 27th March 2012, 07:01 PM   #18
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
well, pay more attention to spel - cheker
No spell checker on my web browser or web editor... so the job falls to you

dave
Old 27th March 2012, 07:04 PM   #19
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post
All just suggestions.
Keep them coming... the one about the coloured drivers is one i've been thinking about.

The kermit thread has been a place to "store" the pictures.

dave
Old 27th March 2012, 07:19 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

The coloured drivers thing really strikes a note with me. And others my age (as you know with what I just ordered). I would try and expand on that a lot. But I'm biased here. Neon green speakers are right up my ally. Dedicate a section to that. Not just a tab under Fostex (but I already said that). Combinations of dot colours and cone colours are very added value when I consider your product.

Hide this!Advertise here!