diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Planet 10 hifi (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planet-10-hifi/)
-   -   Fonken-tuned floorstander (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planet-10-hifi/202185-fonken-tuned-floorstander.html)

type 9th December 2011 05:18 PM

Fonken-tuned floorstander
 
Hi Dave,

Would your design for the Fonken-tuned floorstander work for the CHP-70 gen 2 or would it need revisions.

I have a pair of the gen 2 CHP's coming and am trying to find a floorstanding design that wouldn't be too intrusive. I really like the smaller footprint and simple build nature of that design.

planet10 9th December 2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by type (Post 2813257)
Hi Dave,

Would your design for the Fonken-tuned floorstander work for the CHP-70 gen 2 or would it need revisions.

I have a pair of the gen 2 CHP's coming and am trying to find a floorstanding design that wouldn't be too intrusive. I really like the smaller footprint and simple build nature of that design.

One can consider the halfTower to be equivalent of the FonkenFS in terms of aesthetic. A box design similar to the old FS might well happen, it will be even more empty space at the bottom.

dave

type 9th December 2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 2813358)
One can consider the halfTower to be equivalent of the FonkenFS in terms of aesthetic. A box design similar to the old FS might well happen, it will be even more empty space at the bottom.

dave

I was looking at the half tower too. If the internal volume is kept the same can the exterior dimensions be altered without ill effect?

planet10 9th December 2011 07:49 PM

As an ML-TL height & cross section need to remain the same

dave

chrisb 9th December 2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet10 (Post 2813434)
As an ML-TL height & cross section need to remain the same

dave



and dimension of port for tuning purposes are calculated per driver's parameters


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:02 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2