• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Union Jack FE127eN Auction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Item for Auction:

1 matched pair planet10-hifi FE127eN^2 with Union Jack colour scheme.
A set of drivers for someone who wants to make a special set of one of the many well tested enclosures for the FE127e.

image.php

Item description:
A pair of Matched & Modified FE127eN^2 with a Union Jack motif. These are low hour demo drivers (used stock in a set of mFonken as a comparison pair with an identical set of mFonken with treated drivers). One of few pairs of FE127e to get the Generation 2 EnABL treatment. From the attached matching data it can be seen that they are quite close.

Why the Union Jack? David explains...
When I was growing up Canada had an ensign for a flag, and in combination with a fascination for flags, the Union Jack was my favorite.

Objective:
This is a fund-raising activity for diyAudio, initiated by Dave with his voluntary gesture of providing these special FE127eN to be up for auction. Proceeds from this auction shall be donated to diyAudio, and shall be utilized for the operations and improvements of the site. Dave (also known as planet10), further adds, that he has the goal of making as many diy hifi addicts as possible.

Bidding Rules/Mechanics:

1. To join this auction, you must be a registered member of diyAudio forum, plus a holder of a valid credit card or PayPal account.

2. Required starting minimum bidding amount per item is $20. Succeeding bid amounts should be in increments of a minimum $2 and no maximum amount.

3. All bids should be entered/posted on the designated forum section of Planet 10 - Hifi. Bids posted in other sections of the forum, sent through private message, email or any other means shall be invalid.

4. Auction period starts now, ends on December 9, 2011 7pm EST.

5. This auction shall use an extended bidding system. Any valid bids entered and received within the last 15 minutes of closing time, the auction goes into overtime. The auction is extended until there are no further bids for a continuous 15 minutes.

6. Acceptable methods of payment are via credit card or paypal.

7. To make the auction more attractive to members outside of Canada or the USA, Dave will pay the difference between *Air and Surface post. Canadian or US members will pay Expedited postage. Postage payable as a separate item to planet10.

*In Canada & the US "surface" post is almost as fast as "air" post and being shipped from Canada a modest expense. Overseas air is quick but alot more. To make the shipping less of a burden to those potential bidders, they pay surface shipping and Dave will pay the difference and send it by air, so that shipping burden is about the same as a bidder in US or Canada. Postage should be $25 ± $5

8. If the said item is defective and found to be traced back to the manufacturer (a very unlikely situation, Dave attests he had none so far) and given that these drivers are unobtainium, Dave shall replace, credit, or refund the item or in someway “make it right”.

9. All bids posted are final and non-retractable. Bids posted signify a binding agreement to purchase the item in the event that one is declared as the winning bidder.

Let the bidding begin! :)

Attachments

• FE127eN-unionJackLarge.jpg
    FE127eN-unionJackLarge.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 474
Making a one-off post when I heard these were going to be auctioned off in support of the forum.

Re whether any plans will be available with the drivers, as well as the myriad of designs already available, a Venom-V pdf will be provided if desired. A NIB pair of FE127Es is like hen's teeth now (let alone matched + tweaked up), & it's in a good cause so get bidding guys.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thanks for the great bids guys, it's very much appreciated! DiyAudio is subsidized by myself and I've been working full time on it for free for a long time, and don't draw a salary. All membership donations go directly towards our 8k a year hosting bill. Luckily (or I wouldn't be able to do this), I have other investments which sustain my daily requirements for nutrition, shelter and beer and let me spend time on diyAudio. Everybody dreams of turning their hobby into something that sustains itself, and I'm doing a lot in the background to try to make that happen for 2012 in a way that will product great results for the community, putting resources straight back into making diyAudio better and better...

I'll be posting a lot more regularly about what is going on at diyAudio HQ very soon. We've got lots of exciting news coming very soon about our efforts to get more people building more stuff and creating a better website for the community in general. Stay tuned for the first installment of the official diyAudio blog, coming soon... :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.