• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

miniOnken/Fonken Picture Gallery

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Green Spotted 12LTA -- older with the big whizzer mounted in the prototype Em-Ken box.

Em-Ken-enabled.jpg

just received the box from my pro builder, Alpair 10p fit perfectly. tight bass from my listening position, move further bass become deeper. later this will be powered by tp3116 which has bass and treble adjustment, will be a perfect companion for my tv.

Attachments

• IMG_20170823_215730.jpg
    IMG_20170823_215730.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_20170823_215748.jpg
    IMG_20170823_215748.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 507
3D printing certainly allows a lot of design options that would be very time consuming with wood - whether flat panel or stacked laminated CNC'd fabrication. Also, while it would no doubt add quite a few lines of code and slow down production time, the flexibility for color patterns, etc is interesting as well.

I'll note that these were fab'ed without the chamfer / relief on rear side of driver cut-out, or rebate for flush mounting. The latter is probably only aesthetic for Fostex the MA Pluvias, and other thin stamped frame drivers, but I'm still convinced is import with the thicker framed Alpairs and CH series.

Dave, I just finished this mono, Mar-ken 10.3 last week. Thanks for sharing your design expertise!

Mar-ken10.3.jpg

The panels are a combination of baltic birch and birchply, covered with some left-over raw walnut from an earlier FH3 build.

As has been said before, the angles of the trapezoid version are a fair challenge, especially for this less capable builder! And fitting the holy brace...the same, sheesh!

Thanks again, Pete

Dave, this A10.3 has several hundred hrs on it...breaking-in in a fine, cardboard box enclosure. I definitely like the 10.3... this Mar-ken is now sitting in my office window sill and is just right for my office situation. It has excellent detail, and being an onken, is not a bass beast. ...my office neighbors should appreciate that. I would certainly supplement with a sub if being used in my home.

Though nowhere near as pretty as the other examples in this thread, I thought i'd share my recently completed foamcore Mar-Ken 10p. These are intended as temporary boxes for breaking in the drivers before building a FrugelXL. I gotta say i love the looks of this design, and it sounds great in foamcore also!

673890d1523211276-foam-core-board-speaker-enclosures-marken10-1-jpg

673889d1523211277-foam-core-board-speaker-enclosures-marken10fin-jpg