• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

miniOnken/Fonken Picture Gallery

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Cherry over Baltic Birch Mar-Ken12

Mar-Ken12-cherry-comp.jpg

Cherry over Baltic Birch Mar-Ken12

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Just stunning, Dave (Chris!!) love the veneer matching/colour.:)
soundwise??- oh, Chris did you add a piece of material behind the front baffle cut-out to flush mount the driver, or use a thicker front baffle?
best,
don

Last edited:
The Mar-Ken12Ts are lovely... yes, and like Doorman, I'd like to know how they are soundwise. :)

Here's the Mar-Ken 7.3 I finished recently.

Very impressed with the sound. These are for a friend - I'm gonna miss these when he eventually takes them home. :)

-Zia

Attachments

• MarKen73.jpg
    MarKen73.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Just stunning, Dave (Chris!!) love the veneer matching/colour.:)
soundwise??- oh, Chris did you add a piece of material behind the front baffle cut-out to flush mount the driver, or use a thicker front baffle?
best,
don

Thanks Don, sometimes the color and grain figuring just works with you, other times it's a struggle to finish the pattern for even a smaller enclosure than these with a single sheet.

Yes, an additional 9mm BB plate (for total of 27mm) on the rear side of front baffle to allow sufficient core for fasteners.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The boilerplate is here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/plan...10-hifi-minionken-plan-set-subscriptions.html

I am working thru the entire planset to do trapezoids for all (including the new FFxx5wk) -- there will be multiple variations for some of the smaller drivers. There will also be a family of WoofTs to go alomg with them all. This to emphasis our feeling that to get the best out of a FR, and to make it truly full-range, adding helper woofers makes the most sense.

dave

Sneak Preview

Hey All,

I’ve been working 3 pairs, one new pair is completed but unfinished (pic 2).

I don’t know if cutting dadoes in the top, bottom and back panels is
conventional wisdom, but I think it helps with the assembly.

Should have the tall pair finished soon.

They are fun to build and sound great!!

Attachments

• Fonken 1.JPG
    Fonken 1.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 762
  • Fonken 2.JPG
    Fonken 2.JPG
    428.6 KB · Views: 330
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A new member of the family realized... the uMar-Ken6.2. This works with either A6.2p or A6.2m with no changes. These have the 6.2p.

attachment.php

These are the surrounds for a friends 5.1 system. The front row are the same, rotated sideways in a bar that fits under the TV.

They are pretty small. Even in reference to the mMar-Ken6.2 and the Frugel-Horns the pictures don't give the scale.

dave

Attachments

• uMarKen6-Teg-comp.jpg
    uMarKen6-Teg-comp.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 10,144