• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

miniOnken/Fonken Picture Gallery

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
that's not just a brace, but also used to adjust the net CSA/Volume of slot port - by changing the width of that strip the tuning can be adjusted for a range of drivers

That strip (as many as 3 in some boxes) allows us to, for instance for the milliSize enclosure -- support a wide range of drivers* in the "same" box (only differeing in the vent spacer, baffle & holey brace.

*(for the millSize some drivers include A7/7.3, A6/6.2p, EL70, CHR70.x, CHP70.x, CHBW70, FE127e, FF105/125wk, FE103, at least 1 TB ... )

dave

these little gals?

cWeldon-airbourne-miniOnken.jpg

My brother is in Dubai right now. I assume he is visiting his real brother. Won't be back for a few more weeks. Retirement must be nice.

Scott retired?
That's too bad, he seemed so young and energetic! Come to think of it, I believe that he told me that he was going to retire about this time!

Maybe it'll work out, although I'm not so sure about staying in Dubai. I suppose if you can stay inside an AC'd building, it's OK.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Mar-Kel70 floorstanders

Possibly the last CSS EL70 speaker to be built.
Built out of solid Yellow Cedar, sides and back are 17mm thick
top and baffle are 24mm thick. I built these for my brother so
only had a couple hours of listening to them. Really surprised with the bass,
I have the Mar-Kel70t built out of red cedar as my main speakers and these have a little more bass. I was tempted to keep them for awhile and give him my red cedar speakers :).

Attachments

• IMG_2252.JPG
    IMG_2252.JPG
    752.7 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 383
Thanks Don and Mario.
The yellow cedar is reclaimed so it is well seasoned.
The el70 will be missed but hopefully Mark will come up with a replacement, a paper a7 with a little more bass possibly :)

A couple of older builds that I never posted.

Mar-Kel70t built from solid western red cedar.

mFon-Ken FF85wkt built from solid Santos Mahogany for my daughter.

Bernie

Attachments

• stallion 1 jpeg copy.jpg
    stallion 1 jpeg copy.jpg
    961.5 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 174
  • mahogany mfonken front.jpg
    mahogany mfonken front.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 157