• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Steven's Alpair 10.2 Pensil Build Log

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well scratch my back and call me Suzy, looks like I'm an official DIY'er. I've completed my first set of interconnects and they sound lovely. For only $3 I have a nice set of 1 meter long RCA's. I'm not going to say there's a whole new sound, but there is definitely much more refinement and absolutely 100% positively there's a massive increase in realism. The sound stage is more accurately placed and a big leap in depth has been added. Previously the decay from a cymbal or bell was hardly existent, now it lingers in the air until it's overtaken by another instrument or sound.

I played a song where the intro had a man breathing really hard and it actually caused a little bit of anxiety for me. I could sense his breathing as it was my own. Kinda weird.

Anyways guys thanks for pushing me to do my own cables. Next up is a pair of silver interconnects with higher quality ends. I feel if I upgraded the ends on the current cables I could get a significant improvement as well. The ends are definitely the cheapest I've ever seen. They're not even gold plated.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I wish I could have gotten the gold cones. Had to order silver ones because that's all madisound stocks :(

More accurate would be to say that Madisound didn't have them in stock. The copper ones (they may be called gold but aren't) seem to dissappear the fastest. I still have a couple pair...

I understand a stock infusion is somewhere on the Pacific.

dave

Maybe I can be forgiven for side tracking this discussion thread..

Does anyone have ideas on what the right speaker would be a 3/4" MDF cabinet of outside sizes: 8" wide by 11" deep by 34" tall?

I was hoping for the 10.2 but my cabinet seems way too small. Any other options?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.