• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Mar-Ken golder ratio 10.2 plan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zman 01, Thanks for the info! The pensil is to large for me to do right now. I'm already taking up to much floor space with old projects. But a "bookshelf" size build is always an option right?

The golden ration 10.2 option looks interesting. Never done a true GR before, baffle width to box dimensions always look unattractive to me but the Mar-Ken 10.2 plan looks real nice! http://www.planet10-hifi.com/boxes-markaudio.html

The Pensil compensates for step loss, where I don't think the GR would? Still no EQ needed her to correct this? I see this a newly added plan Feb 8th 2011, anyone out there try this one out yet? Ill throw this up on the planet 10 forum also.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
As far as T/S my treatment pushes Fs & efficiency down but not sufficiently to worry. They are interchangeable.

Do not think that they are equal. My mods aim to extract more of their potential and get you matched drivers (the stock Mark Audio have the tightest spread i have seen, but it is still possible to get a pair that aren't "matched")

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.