• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Frugel-Horn Mk3 flat-paks

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Attached are 2 pictures of the top boards.
The one at the top of the 1st picture aligns to the baffle, the back, and the sides, but the one at the bottom of the 1st picture doesn't, see the 2nd picture.

Is there any easy way to fix this cosmetic defect?

I'm calling in Chris, but it looks to me like one of the bevels got cut the wrong way ... the one on top is right (that a MacBook in the background?). It wouldn't be the 1st glitch we had with the 1st round (it would be #2)

Is the short side on the "v" shaped one as long as one of the edges on the correct one? If it is then i suspect sandpaper will do the job ... (i'd be tempted to hang the excess oout the front and then i'd have a reference of what to sand -- i'd start with the parts i don't want to sand masked off)

Don't do anything till Chris chimes in.

Worst case i can ship a replacement panel.

dave

I see it now. Hmm. I dont have an explanation. My kit was perfect, but as i mentioned i did have to rotate some pieces and puzzle a little. Very odd how that piece is angled..
Hee hee, I feel the same - like playing puzzle, only found one piece wouldn't fit no matter what :D

My flat pak is actually from the first run. Bill bought it and decided not to build as he had to do a cross country move. I just bought the pak from Bill yesterday. There is no question that the kit is of very high quality, and the existing instructions are excellent. I am going to take my time to make sure every step is right. I have no wood skill, any mistake can ruin the project and may not be recoverable :)

Hi Dave,

Good eyes, that's a MacBook, a 1st gen from 2008.

I think flushing to the front is the way to go because flushing to the back panel will not give enough area to glue to the front panel, i.e. a good portion of the top board won't touch the baffle. I will wait for Chris suggestion. I am a slower builder anyway :)

Thank for the reply!!