• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Frugel-Horn Mk3 flat-paks

What kind of feet are you using? I have 6 that you just place under a speaker. I saw the website that Dave posted to buy some feet and I was thinking of making up some aluminum strips, putting some of the feet on the sides and screwing to the bottom of the speakers.
Quite similar to what were in Colin's pictures.

I love the way Colin did the feet, they look nicer. I end up using a set of basic feet that I screw into the bottom of the cabinet using threaded insert. It's really basic, like a black spike on one side and screw thread on the other.

Later on if I find a solution to build the feet as outrigger (is that what we call it?) then i might go back to modify it. I have found some nice feet on ebay but postie strike has prevented me from buying ...

what's the link the Dave posted? I think I missed it, can you relate?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I dropped Toppsy a note about the flat packs for CHPs, but then thought I should probably ask you.

How do I purchase?

I would suggest that the appropriate amount of Colin's 1st flat-pak sale be diverted to Martin so as to get Colin on his way. The response on this side of the pond has been very good, and once the idea that you can assemble such a simple, elegant box and get results well beyond what you could expect from a high street purchase costing many times higher, i believe that we could well have a phenomenom.

dave

I would suggest that the appropriate amount of Colin's 1st flat-pak sale be diverted to Martin so as to get Colin on his way. The response on this side of the pond has been very good, and once the idea that you can assemble such a simple, elegant box and get results well beyond what you could expect from a high street purchase costing many times higher, i believe that we could well have a phenomenom.

dave

Ah yes, read the previous page - bum :(

Does a licence take long? Will he have to do a test? ;)