Frugel-Horn Mk3 flat-paks - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Planet 10 hifi

Planet 10 hifi Home of the Frugal-phile™ - Planet 10 HiFi

Old 9th June 2011, 06:04 PM   #81
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedMan View Post
... that's what i was wondering when I was building mine, I end up using some left over from my previous build ...
You want me to still send you the 2 missing pieces?

dave
Old 9th June 2011, 06:06 PM   #82
CedMan is offline CedMan  Canada
diyAudio Member

No I'm good, thanks alot Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
You want me to still send you the 2 missing pieces?

dave
Old 9th June 2011, 06:06 PM   #83
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Thick felt will do, but i can still send out pieces. Should fit in as letter mail. I'll just say it is thick, poor quality cotton paper

dave
Old 9th June 2011, 06:09 PM   #84
diyAudio Member

I'm ok, let me see what I can find, just wondering if you sourced it at like a
building supply place or hobby shop.
Old 9th June 2011, 06:13 PM   #85
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I bought a 200 ft roll (800 ft^2) from the canadian distributor.

Bob at creative sound sells it in small quantities. You are unlikely to be able to source the exact same from any local source. One fellow pointed out the old Fords(?) are a good source of similar.

I don't want anyone to go out of their way because of my mistake.

dave
Old 9th June 2011, 06:49 PM   #86
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Dave,

Does this help:

16 in. x 48 in. UltraTouch Denim Insulation Multi-Purpose Roll - 60301-16482 at The Home Depot

-Zia
Old 9th June 2011, 07:15 PM   #87
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

US only & 2" thick. Very good stuff to have on hand for things like microTowers, but of no use here.

dave

PS: Do i see in my crystal ball, one of Zia's buddies bring him a special "pillow"
Old 9th June 2011, 07:23 PM   #88
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post

PS: Do i see in my crystal ball, one of Zia's buddies bring him a special "pillow"
Dave, your crystal ball is working no doubt... fingers crossed, if things go according to plan, should have it within a couple of weeks.
Old 9th June 2011, 07:41 PM   #89
diyAudio Member

Default Quick question

Greetings,

Quick question. I'm still quite ignorant but am trying to learn as quickly about single drivers as possible.... Great site.

First post on this forum:

Do each speaker require a bit different design in enclosure or do these work for a wide range? In some quick conversations, the implication is that each driver require specific enclosure optimizations for that particular driver.

Would these work perfectly for the Mark 7 version 3 that is coming out? And what would bass extension be for 3rd order? (Pardon if this has been posted.)

Thanks,
UL
Old 9th June 2011, 07:56 PM   #90
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
Do each speaker require a bit different design in enclosure or do these work for a wide range? In some quick conversations, the implication is that each driver require specific enclosure optimizations for that particular driver.
Generally every driver needs to have a box designed for it. Some boxes are more tolerant then others and people will use similar spec drivers in those boxes (ie FE207e, Pioneer BOFU, and Hemp Acoustics FR8c often used in boxes designed for FE207e)

The FH3 is one of those very rare boxes that will accomodate an unreal range of drivers, tuning being accomplished with different damping schemes.

Quote:
Would these work perfectly for the Mark 7 version 3 that is coming out? And what would bass extension be for 3rd order? (Pardon if this has been posted.)
Mark is under strict "orders" from the diy community to try to maintain backward compatibility with old boxes as he relentlessly moves his drivers forward. I don't see it as likely that A7.3 won't work well in FH3. This rev is probably one of the least dramatic we have seen in awhile. Evolution instead of revolution (the multiForm cones being revolutionary, and the Matsubara-san spiders, a master let loose to do his best work, were first seen in metal on the A7)

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!