• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Frugel-Horn Mk3 flat-paks

Sadly, no. The Trace Elliot of today is much different, under new ownership and seems to be focusing on lower price solid state stuff. There best amps were the Twin Vlace, Quatra Valve and Hex valve. The preamp in those is still sought after. I like the twin becasue it is fairly light and compact for a bass tube amp. I run it flat. Sound to die for and you can push it a little but it's not really an overdriven sound. It's just a Hi-Fi sound with cajones and mojo, if that makes any sense.

indeed it does - so just scout the local buy 'n sell then ;)

see your PM

Hope this is not out of place to ask.

The much vaunted KEF LS50 acts as a point source though not single driver. Anyone heard the FH3 and the LS50 side by side and can comment on the pros and cons of each? They are completely different animals in design, but the idea of a single point source type driver is the same.

If this is not the right forum, and someone can direct me to t he right forum, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks!
UL