• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pensil Pics, lets show 'em!

The spikes were added for stability primarily, my lounge has an old wooden floor and not one single plank is straight or level.

I would say that the improvement was slight, if at all. In another setting the improvement in the LF might be more apparent, but the wooden floor sucks up a whole load of the bass before cabinet stability becomes a major player. The chap who lives underneath me has very little appreciation as he gains the bass I lose. Each to their own I suppose :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From my experience, the Super Ps will not disappoint Dr. Black. However, beware the cabs are pretty deep. :)

Btw, handsome Alp 10.3 build!

I agree with Zia, pretty hard to go wrong with the a Supers. I'm listening to Mindi Abair on a set of the original SuperPensil12's. Fantastic speakers. I'm sure the new ones are better but for me the cabinet dimensions of the originals suit my taste aesthetically better. YMMV.

:cheers:

Scott

Finally got my 10.2 pensils glued up and connected in the system.
Here's a pic of one 10.2 next to the chr70 pensil (and an h-frame OB i was using as bass support for the chr70)
Currently playing Pink Floyd's Shine on you crazy diamond... :)

Attachments

• 2014-04-19 11.34.29.jpg
    2014-04-19 11.34.29.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:
Last edited:
My curved version, with internal volume, ports and driver height/spacing as close as possible to the Pensil design. With Alpair 10.3. More info in the dedicated thread link below.

Build thread

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi all, 1st post on here - finally finished my pencil build.
Still in the carefull burn in stage but already more than impressed - if things improve on what I'm hearing all the hard work ( and time it took to build them...don't ask ! ) - will be well worth it.
Thanks to members for replying to all my questions , and to Scott Moose for this fantastic design.

Also, with the greatest respect - Mark Fenlon for this stunning piece of engineering. All the best, Steve.

Attachments

• DSCN0707.jpg
    DSCN0707.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCN0686.jpg
    DSCN0686.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 260