• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

milliSize me...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After the success of the Fonken we wanted to see how small a box we could fit the FE127eN into and still get decent performance. Some modeling and 3 prototypes later we ended up with the mFonken (milliFonken)

This box is about the size of a BBC LS3/5A (rotated so the driver is mounted on the side)... small enuff to be used as a high-end computer speaker yet big enuff to reach down below 80 Hz so they can be used in a Floyd Toole style satellite, multiple subwoofer system. Very high WAF. Even cute :)

So when we got our hands on the smaller Mark Audio drivers (and the CSS EL70 made by Mark Audio) we had to see if we could fit them into this convienient form factor. Prototypes of all 3 debuted at the 5th annual Vancouver Island diyFEST.

In preparation for production of milliSize flat-paks, all these boxes have been tweaked to exactly the same size, and this is their official release along with an updated mFonken.

Here are milliSize boxes for the FE127eN, EL70eN, CHR-70eN, and Alpair6eN (you can use stock drivers, but we feel our treated versions of these drivers make them really special)

These are mFonken 1v1.1, mMar-Kel70, mMarS70, mMar-Ken6 (more on the "rationale" behind the names later in another thread)

As well as these 4, i have just sent plans for a milli-sized µFonken^2 (2 FF85KeN) to be prototyped, and we expect that the new Mark Audio Alpair7 will fit into a milli.

Enjoy.

dave

Awesome!
This is just what I'm looking for i think.
Thanks so much got suggesting the a10p fhxl all those years ago. I loved those speakers dearly!

I moved into a bus. Couldn't bring the horns with me. *cry*
But I'm ready to build something new!
Ide like to stay with Mark audio range.
Looking for a smaller build (they will be set up in the bus)
i was thinking of trying out a full range with passive radiator?
Try to get the box as small as possible.

But maybe one of these milli will do *shrug*

What I'm looking for are
4 speakers in total, that i can use in a quadraphonic near field enviroment.
Likely with a small sub.
My music choices are very varied.
But i often do listen to fast complex dynamic music.

They will be running off the little
smls DA-8S amplifiers.

Budget $200 per speaker
$800 total

Any advice muchly appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.