• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

uFonken flat-paks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
uFonken Flat-Paks have started shipping.

Edit: FF85KeN is all gone. Please see update in Post #7

This special price is $250 USD, and includes box panels in 12mm Baltic Birch plywood (side panels square or pre-champhered), a matched pair of FF85KeN, damping material (recycled denim/cotton felt), and cryo-treated CAT 5 for internal wiring.

Pictures to follow.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I've shipped off 4 sets so far.

I prefer not to sell flat-pak boxes only but 2 of those were -- one person had already bought FF85KeN, and the other was a long term customer.

$110 USD/pr for cabinets only.

I'm temporarily out of drivers, another 20 on the break-in bench. Currently in the queue behind the batch of planet10-hifi EL70eN (i'm behind on them, just getting over a flu)

el70x46.jpg

dave

Are you anticipating any change to the enclosures with the Fountek drivers?

Also, it looks like the sensitivity is a bit lower on the FR88ex. Would my little T-Amp (one of these-link: eBay) be able to drive these alright? The setup would be on a desktop, near-field, small room (10x10), etc.

I'm so new to this. I spent my entire evening reading last night, have changed my mind about drivers/enclosure combinations at least 3 dozen times. Would really like to just order something so I can shut up about it!

I'm so new to this. I spent my entire evening reading last night, have changed my mind about drivers/enclosure combinations at least 3 dozen times. Would really like to just order something so I can shut up about it!

PM or email Dave, or just send money.... anything he sends you in return will be so satisfying that you will have to shut up, until something even more beguiling is presented, only to be immediately sold out, for good reason too!

Bud

Definitely interested in seeing plans for a Fonken-Inspired cab for the FR88EX or FR89EX. When the funds allow it, I'll be ordering some larger drivers from P10 and building a couple DBLHs. For the time being, I need a more affordable project that still sounds great!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.