Small Heil Tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know where/how to source a small Heil tweeter such as the Jet Elac or Adam Audio A.R.T.? I would like to use a Heil based tweeter, but size is important. I would like it to be as small as possible, such as the examples I gave. FYI, it will be passed at 3500 Hz or higher.

Cheers

Thanks Badman. I'm aware of all the Heil variations. I was just wondering if anyone had been able to obtain a pair from the manufacturers such as Burmester. I've already been rejected by Adam Audio. I'm only interested in smallest Heil variation available. The Eton is too large for my application:(

Mostly companies that have proprietary units made (unless they're in the DIY market) are loathe to sell them, as they're a unique selling point of their product.

FWIW: the larger the better in these: they don't have much mass (even the big one is a whopping 1 gram moving mass, which combined with the huge magnets gives you 97db W/M plus)

But good luck in your project: I have to ask, what kind of speaker are you building where you need such a tiny variant?

I would like to use it in a car audio application. I have a VW new Beetle that I am installing a four-way set-up on the dash. I was hoping to source a small Heil so I could mount it coaxially in front or slightly offset the midrange. The Jet Elac, Burmester, and A.D.A.M. Audio tweeters are really small once you remove the faceplate:) Would only need it to play down to 3500hz. Cheers

The Jet tweeters from the cheaper Elac loudspeakers where available by Intertechnik under the brandname "Gradient GRT 85". But I don't see them anymore in their catalog. Those tweeters have to be crossed high. See also their manual where they have opened one of these tweeters (page 5) http://www.kirchner-elektronik.de/fotostory.htm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Other types to check are Eton ER4, I used these in several designs very nice sounding tweeter. Can be used < 2000 Hz.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mundorf AMT2340, I'll try this tweeter in next months, hopefully it's an improvement over the ER4 (the Eton is out there for several years).

AMT2340S.jpg

So I emailed PLUS-elektronic.de. Apparently the GRT 85 is not available anywhere as the distributor has had trademark problems and has cancelled all orders. The good news is that the exact same product will be available under a different brand name in December. I am in no hurry so I can patiently wait.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.