Cross over Neo8 PDR and Neo 3 PDR - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th September 2006, 05:50 AM   #21
rho is offline rho  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Thanks!
They sound even better then they look.
Old 1st January 2007, 05:58 PM   #22
Ang is offline Ang  United States
diyAudio Member

seems like the project might be finished now - would love to hear your overall impressions
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:50 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vdi_nenna
I've been noodling around with the B&G Neo8 PDR and can say it's a great sounding tweeter. Not harsh or too soft. Right now, it's being used without the suggested notch filter at 12khz.

Using it in a 2-way open-baffle. See photos.
It's crossed over around 650hz. B&G specs says it can go down to 300hz, but didn't want to push it. The woofers are 12" Dayton aluminium drivers (discontinued). Daytons are playing at their upper-end of capability which is around 1200hz. The crossover is 12db active.

Baffles still need work, but do a good job for their size.
Drivers are mounted on MDF, but would like to move them to Baltic Birch.
Also want to being the Neo8 closer to the woofers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OBs_0.jpg (281.2 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg OB_back.jpg (282.1 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg OBs_1.jpg (279.8 KB, 241 views)
Old 3rd February 2013, 04:41 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

After writing what is below I noticed the dates and realized this is an old thread, so hopefully you folks have more experience and info since then to share?
Got a pair of NEO-3's and was thinking of using with NEO-8 or NEO-10. It seems like the 8 is kind of wasted because of all the overlap in response. BG have at least one model in their consumer line with a 3 and 10. The 10's are around 400$ a pair at Parts Express, but I'm now thinking about using theTang Band W4-1337SD 4" Titanium Driversnow in a MTM configuration after reading a rave about them from someone using them that way in one of the PE featured projects. Four of them would come to around 250$. I'm new to DIY speakers and I think I must have spent a thousand hours reading DIY designs, driver spec sheets etc. I just got a DBX 234 Crossover 3 Way crossover and plan on going tri-amp. I was pretty psyched on going BG on both the top and mids, but am now a little reticent about relying on the 10's to move all the air my mids will need to do. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could hear all our component options somewhere? Well if you can find a BG Radia dealer their CA-320 & 360 combine the Neo-3 with two Neo-8's and the SA-500 has a 3 with two Neo-10's. Interestingly the LA-550 uses just Neo-8's with woofers. Now that I wrote this out, it occurs to me that since I'm in NYC, there should be somewhere nearby I can hear some BG Radia systems. Right now my NHT Super Ones are fine for HT, but I want to get my serious music speakers going, so I'm going to try to hear the BG's soon.
BG Radia - In-Room Speakers

Hide this!Advertise here!