esl electronics kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I'm new to ESL's and the electronics are over my head so I'm considering just buying the M299 kit from JustRealMusic.com, which consists of a pair of passive 225hz crossovers, transformers & power supplies. In threads here, I've read mixed comments about JustRealMusic's business practices but nothing about the performance of their hardware. Before I take the plunge I just want to know: Has anyone here tried out the M299 kit from JustRealMusic or heard their hybrid esl's?
thanks,
taichiguy
(Charlie)

taichiguy said:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to ESL's and the electronics are over my head so I'm considering just buying the M299 kit from JustRealMusic.com, which consists of a pair of passive 225hz crossovers, transformers & power supplies. In threads here, I've read mixed comments about JustRealMusic's business practices but nothing about the performance of their hardware. Before I take the plunge I just want to know: Has anyone here tried out the M299 kit from JustRealMusic or heard their hybrid esl's?
thanks,
taichiguy
(Charlie)

I don't know what has been said about Russ or JustRealMusic, but my experience is very favorable. He is an audiophile building very good and extremely well priced equipment out of his house. He currently has my set of KLH Nines there for repair.

I trust Russ and I know he cares about what he does, which is alot more than I can say for most companies and people we deal with all the time. he's trying to make a living at what he loves.. I wish there were alot more people like him in the world.

I would have no hesitation buying his equipment. The speakers he builds equales or exceeds commercial speakers 4 or 5 times their price.

I have no affiliation with the company or the individual other than being a happy customer.

Charlie, I have just ordered two of JustRealMusic's M99B transformers and they will be shipped within five days of receiving my money. That's very good service in my book, especially when you consider that we're probably dealing with someone with a job, family, and real life commitments.

The M299 parts kit you're looking seems reasonably priced and a lot easier than trying to track down everything from different vendors. The same goes for his ESL kits. If you're still not sure about buying from JustReal Music, send Russ an email with your questions. He's always answered mine promptly.

thanks

thanks Cosmo and BillH !

I read a rather unflattering thread about JRM in this forum recently so I was concerned; however, I feel much better after reading you guys' experiences with the company. JRM's prices and components certainly looks like a good deal. I did email JRM to inquire about the kit and received a prompt, curteous reply and an invitation to call anytime. I think the guy is OK. Thanks again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.