DEATH by UPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is much sadness in the house of EXURBIA , a few days ago i bought M.PARIGI's BG 50's . Imagine how excited i was when they arrived after only four days. I drove home as fast as i could and unpacked them. Oh no !! they're F****D !!!! was my first sentence. UPS has managed to break them, one of the centre magnets has broken and damaged the membrane. If as i suspect, UPS deny liability. Does anyone know of a method of repair. I will post a couple of photos.
Thanx in advance,

death by UPS

A couple of pics,

Attachments

• bg 50 001.jpg
    bg 50 001.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 913
Sorry to hear of your misfortune there. :(

Unfortunately I suspect items are often not carefully handled when shipped. I once shipped a very robust payphone as an ebay seller and it was damaged in transit. I marvel at this since I'd expect it would not so much need to be dropped, but rather thrown in order to cause such damage!

Hi Paul,
Well i've marvelled at how rough Qantas handlers are and often wonder how anything survives them. I suspect the same as you, i would not be surprised if the damage occurred on the ground in Perth or up here in Karratha. Staff are a problem up here, getting them that is. The average wage here would have to be 1500 a week. Qantas comes along and offers 500, they get the monkeys the miners don't want. People on low wages don't seem to care as much as high earners. (can you blame them ?)

Are they new??

I'm not sure about your country but I'm pretty sure you may have the same law we do in the states as do most countries these days.
It's a Federal law that requires the seller of new items to warrant their products for a period of no less than 30 days. If you get it and it's broken or just doesn't work, they gotta replace it without hassle. I've been ordering stuff through the US mail and UPS for close to 15 years, I've honestly never gotten anything broken or damaged and if I have, it was only once or twice which is why I don't remember.

I ALWAYS send stuff back if it's B-stock though and then of course, the supplier claims it was UPS so they can get reimbursed by the insurance. The thing is, it's never the delivery guy, it's always these people pushing B-Stock on us for trying to save some money and buy direct from a distributors store front.
The musical instrument industry is notorious for this cr@p:whazzat:

...and I'd even bet they're able to nail us with it in our taxes anyway. These companies can claim losses and get reimbursement from government welfare. Go figure, companies getting welfare money!

"The thing is, it's never the delivery guy,"

Obviously your ebay and carrier experiences are limited.As paulspencer mentioned about his payphone being smashed in transit,I have seen 100 fold in my ebay transactions.Items so well packed you'd have to hit them with a sledge to damage them and yet the boxes arrive beaten with footprints(Yes footprints)on them and the item trashed.This happens very often in fact in my last 10 transactions I had 2 items that were handled roughly one was defintely the carrier as the box was practically in half on arrival.

I have a relative that has worked for a "carrier" for 18 years and these things do not surprise him.And he has driven and loaded these packages,from what he says unless you double-box and put 3ft of padding you are taking chances.LOL!

bickeler that's the weirdest thing becuase I've heard similar accounts to yours from other people but in all my years of HEAVY UPS use, I've had maybe one or two tattered packages.

And don't get me started on Ebay, a lot of the sellers use it to unload B-stock goods then claim it was UPS and get reimbursed by the insurance. Plenty of audio/instrument gear suppliers do it too. I've gotten plenty of stuff from Musicians Friend that was so obviously used gear, floor models from Guitar Center and B stock from their suppliers. I've gotten stuff from Ebay packed exactly like you're describing only not a single mark on the box and then the seller says, "oh, it was damaged during transit"..yeah and I'm a hungarian tennis instructor. It's their way of unloading their garbage.

Anyway I still say send it back, you can not be held responsible for something you had absolutely no part in. Until that item is in your possession, it's not your responsibility. You're the guy paying them, THEY owe YOU.
Now start calling those slobs up and let them have it!!:D

A BIG THUMBS DOWN TO UPS

Well it finally happened, OOPS have decided that the battered box and obvious mis-handling isn't their fault.

Now i am stuck with a BG 50 that is rooted. So, i am going to have a "go" at self repair . BG want me to send the driver to them for repair, maybe i'll use UPS for the freight :rolleyes:

If i can repair the membrane i will use this for a centre channel. The question then will be. Can i use it on its side or would a 50 inch wide centre speaker be a problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.