Custom 1.1 Surround sound systems - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2006, 05:59 PM   #1
MrPin is offline MrPin  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Custom 1.1 Surround sound systems

Alright, so in my ventures of creating surround sound, I have come across systems from Niro that uses a single channel to reproduce THX quality surround sound. Alight, so how exactly does this work? I canít get any information from Bose, Yamaha, or Niro, but a little on the principle... so I am after a more detailed description if anyone could help with this.

Thank you so much!

-Kevin
Old 15th January 2006, 04:15 AM   #2
Jumar is offline Jumar  United States
diyAudio Member

http://www.meyersound.com/pdf/suppor...m_steering.pdf
Old 15th January 2006, 04:17 AM   #3
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

That link shows an error here at my end
Old 17th January 2006, 05:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I heard the one that Yamaha makes at Fry's. I can't find a link for it right now tho

It really was able to create a surround sound effect, but it had NO bass at all, and I would never pay the price that they want for it. It didn't have THX anything and it isn't good enough for HT. It was really strange how it could reflect the sound tho. It's the first one speaker surround sound I've heard that acually did what it claimed to do.

The only aplication I could see it being used for it for a small room, smaller TV surround sound where space and simple is a issue.

It would be cool to know how to make it because it looks like it's nothing but a bunch of tweeters. If it could have a smaller woofer to get a little bass, it would be a lot better. I wouldn't mind having something like that for just watching TV, but the price for a premade ones is so freaken high, it's not really a option.
Old 18th January 2006, 02:35 AM   #5
Jumar is offline Jumar  United States
diyAudio Member

Sorry, try this...
http://www.meyersound.com/pdf/suppor...m_steering.pdf

Hide this!Advertise here!