Final 0.3 Hybrid ESL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They belong to a friend who still uses them. We redesigned the xover with scanspeak woofers and rebuilt the panels.
The variable power supplies came from Maplin UK which recently went out of business.
Another approach to reduce the voltage on the panel would be to tap the voltage multiplier circuit at a different point. This would be a bigger job though.

Final 0.3

Hi guys

I just registered here, because of thi interesting discussion.
I also own a pair of final 0.3 and principally I like them but not totally.

So as I have 4 mono amps available and a electronic cross over, I will totally remove the passive cross over of the bass and fire them actively.

Advantages:

• I do not need to buy expensive caps and coils
  • I am flexible with cross over frequency and slew rate
  • I easily can adapt the volume/loudness without modifying the supply voltage
What I would like to know is:

1. does anybody has a data-sheet of the Finals or any spec?
2. Who knows the original cross over frequency (especially of the panel)?

Wish you a nice day.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm assuming the Final 0.3 like other ESLs also uses a bit of passive EQ for the ESL, so you will need to replicate that in your active xo. Otherwise, you could just use the active xo for only the bass, and continue with the original passive xo/eq in the ESL.

1. does anybody has a data-sheet of the Finals or any spec?
2. Who knows the original cross over frequency (especially of the panel)?

The crossover frequency between panel and woofer is about 450Hz.
The owners and service manuals posted for the Newton NSS 0.3 should provide you with most of the information you are after for the Final 0.3.
Final ESL 0.3 troubles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.