Smaller Heil tweeters xover (did search)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of older Heil tweeter from the smaller performance series (I think). They do sound very fast like how they've been described on many internet forums. I have a few questions though.

How low can i hp the heils?? Right now I'm testing them with my active xover and it sounds okay with a 3rd or 4th order hp at 2.5k. I wonder if that's the optimal for these Heils.

How much power can these smaller Heils take?
What about sensitivity? I don't have the equiptment to test.

And if anyone can provide me with some FRs of these drivers, that would be awesome. From my initial listening tests, it seems like there might be a peak in the upper midrange region. But of course, that's only my guesstimate.

Had a pair of those small Heil units.
ESS made a floorstanding 150watt speaker which had 2x10" woofers and the mentioned Heil transducer it was sold betwin late 70's and the first half of the 80's
Crossover freq. was 2000Hz
18dB/oct. for the HP-filter.
12dB/oct. for the LP-filter

AFIR i didnt use it below 7-8KHz.....used it as super-tweeter ;)

If yours is the second gen. of the small series ?
it should look like the one used in PS 8A showed at this site:http://www.essspeakers.com/

my units was more retangular in shape

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.