ER Audio 505 hybrid electrostatic build - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th May 2017, 05:47 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentoronto View Post
You've made the exceptional claim that your small sewer pipe sub is flat to nearly 20 Hz. So I'd like to hear how you measured that or is it just your intuitive impression?

B.

Sorry only just seen your post. After much research I came across DB Keale's method of extreme close miking a woofer which allows you to get accurate measurements up to about 300hz without interference from reflections because you are so close to the woofer.

I used a UMIK-1 approximately 1cm from the woofer to get the measurements.

Don't forget that I am using a fairly significant low shelf boost to get there - this is not the natural response of the enclosure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12th May 2017, 10:03 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentoronto View Post
You've made the exceptional claim that your small sewer pipe sub is flat to nearly 20 Hz. So I'd like to hear how you measured that or is it just your intuitive impression?

B.
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 13th May 2017, 12:06 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Thanks. Appreciate that you've provided complete details.

B.

Hide this!Advertise here!