AudioStatic ES100 replacement panels?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I need to replace the panels in my AudioStatic 100's. Does anyone knows if there is still a place that sells them?

I had a look at the various posts on how to do it yourself with frames, tension rigs and 'magic' coatings. Regretfully lack of time and doubting the possible consistency makes me rather buy a replacement panel.

Couldn't get a response from AudioStatic or from a German company (I live in the USA for now) so I would appreciate any advise on how to obtain a set of panels. Thanks!!

Brgds, Rene

Have you already tried twinstatic audio in holland. You probably have to send the panels to them. It is also recommended to inspect the electronics of the speaker. High voltage ladder and the resistors. You can send me a pesonal message if you want more information. I am afraid that it will cost a considerable amount of money to send them back to holland for repair. I have repaired a set of audiostatics and it will cost a lot of time.

Regards

I re-paneled a set of ES-50's about 20 years ago. It wasn't too bad, way easier than trying to take apart a set of martin logan panels. I don't have any notes from the process unfortunately. I do have a few pictures of the speakers, but nothing from the rebuild either. I do recall that the electronics in the ES-50 looked pretty bullet proof. The high voltage circuit was all film caps that should outlive us.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.