KLH Nines , refurb recommendations - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th April 2017, 02:21 AM   #1
codis is offline codis  United States
diyAudio Member

Default KLH Nines , refurb recommendations

Hello all, my first forum post.

I just picked up a set of KLH nines after extensive researching on this forum and others. They're in pristine cosmetic condition but the power supplies need to be rebuilt (and hopefully that's all that needs to be done).

I would appreciate any recommendations for refurb options. I know David Janszen is an option for rebuild but a bit on the pricier side.

Thanks in advance for giving this a read!
Old 13th April 2017, 11:00 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

May I recommend Kent in St. Louis, Missouri USA? http://www.estatsolution.com/contact.html

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 14th April 2017, 07:02 PM   #3
mazur is offline mazur  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codis View Post
Hello all, my first forum post.

I just picked up a set of KLH nines after extensive researching on this forum and others. They're in pristine cosmetic condition but the power supplies need to be rebuilt (and hopefully that's all that needs to be done).

I would appreciate any recommendations for refurb options. I know David Janszen is an option for rebuild but a bit on the pricier side.

Thanks in advance for giving this a read!
Hi codis.

I own a double pair of KLH Nines and I restored all 4 power supplies myself. I also had to fix 2 of the tweeters. I'd be happy to give you some pointers if you're interested in doing it yourself. There are a couple of articles written on how to restore them out on the net, but I can definitely share some of my own experiences with it and the red flags to watch out for. As you mentioned, David Janszen is the definite source for a restoration. He is also a very nice guy and helped me a lot thorough the restoration process. Personally, if I didn't have the skills/patience to do it, I definitely would have sent to David.

I'll send you a PM with my phone if you want to chat a bit about the Nines. When properly driven and with the right placement on the room, they are simply amazing speakers.

Regards,
Elias
Old 16th April 2017, 01:01 AM   #4
codis is offline codis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anji12305 View Post
May I recommend Kent in St. Louis, Missouri USA? ElectroStatic Solutions - Contact

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Much appreciated, I'll get in touch with them!

Hide this!Advertise here!