Stax SRD 6/SB transformers for segmented speaker-panel above 10 kHz ? ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

i activated my segmented ESLs a time ago, have 2 different good working transformers for bass and wide-midrange but i still watch out for really good treble response. The Stax SRD 6/SB headphone supply contains 2 small transformers
but i don't know any specification. Since from time to time they appear at low cost on ebay i wonder if i should give it a try. The treble-segment has ~80pf, so that is slightly less than the Stax headphones have(110..130pf). I highpass above 15kHz with 6dB, sonical crossover is about 10kHz.
Does anyone know about the uppper frequency response of this transformers and should i try it out?

cheers
Carsten

i dont know what the ratio is but i dont see why it should not work ? its an audio trannie... depending on ratio how loud it is , and for a tweeter 10khz up you can use very low DC spacing as well as size.

ofcourse i dont know how well they perform up high. but if a 50hz power transformer can i can imagine this one can pout out some 10khz

ok, finished and rebuild the speakers.
The transformes work nice in their range. Ratio is 1:60
i don't need the weired xover at 16 khz anymore which was a cheat to get any sparkling.
At the moment xover is at 10khz/6dB and level is regulated down.
i did not do any measurement or comparism yet but i'm happy with that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.